2-day training, 8 CE units
This training will educate providers about diagnostic criteria, gender identity frameworks, social transition strategies, and outcomes for youth who express a desire to transition their gender under 11 years of age. Participants will explore how to support children, caregivers, and other providers with gender questioning and gender creative children, while engaging ethical and diagnostic concerns.
- Learn terms related to transgender and gender expansive youth, including terms to avoid.
- Practice using gender-neutral pronouns and roleplaying what to do when someone is misgendered.
- Distinguish between transgender, gender nonconforming, and gender creative children and Become familiar with three dimensions of gender
- Review laws protecting transgender and gender expansive children in the foster care system in CA.
- Discuss community and clinical resources for caregivers of gender questioning children.
Facilitators: Kelsey Pacha
Online via Zoom