Become a Foster Parent
Open your heart and share your family by becoming a foster or adoptive parent. Aldea is looking for people who want to provide a supportive family for children who cannot safely live with their parents or relatives.
Why should you become a foster parent with Aldea?
- We provide an individualized approach to certification, supporting you through the process
- We help your foster family thrive by providing training, support groups, activities and special events, and even 24-hour assistance
- We believe that good foster parents don’t all look the same. Aldea foster parents are homeowners and renters; first-time and experienced; and are single, domestic or married partners, and parent-adult child teams.
To learn more about how to become a foster or adoptive parent, please check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Foster Parenting and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Adoption.
Aldea values your interest in becoming a Resource Parent with our agency.
The first step in becoming a certified resource home is to complete a Pre-Orientation Questionnaire online, followed by attending an Orientation.
Overview of the 6 step application process:
- When: Held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:15pm and typically runs for two-hours. We will talk about Aldea and go through the process of becoming a Resource Parent, including required paperwork.
- Where: 470 Chadbourne Road, Suite F, Fairfield, CA 94534 (upstairs) [ Map it! ]
- Criminal Background Check:
- Everyone in the home who is 18+ must be Live Scanned and pass a background check in order to move forward with the certification process.
- Complete and submit Application paperwork online:
- A variety of documents including those required by the State of California, as well as Aldea Children and Family Services.
- Home Environment Assessment:
- A home inspection is conducted to ensure that our homes meet the standards set forth by the State of California.
- Permanency Assessment:
- This is a psycho-social assessment, which includes approximately 3-interviews to discuss your background, history and motivation in becoming a Resource Parent.
- Pre-Approval Training:
- As soon as your application is received, Aldea will register you for a series of online trainings through Foster Parent College that cover a variety of topics.
In addition to the online training, you will attend a single 7-hour training held at the Aldea office and conducted by our staff trainers.